The COSIT Steering Committee is soliciting proposals to host COSIT 2017. Following the 2015 COSIT held in Santa Fe, NM, USA, the 2017 COSIT is expected to be held outside of North America. As with previous sites, preference will be given to locations that are somewhat isolated, yet accessible, to encourage a on-going discussions throughout the conference week. Please note that starting with COSIT 2017, the fully refereed Proceedings will be released in an open access format with details forthcoming.
Bidders should submit a proposal that has sufficient detail in order to assess the suitability to hold a meeting in the spirit of past COSITs. It should comprise approximately 2-4 pages and include:
- Tentative dates and location. Include consideration of possible conflict or correspondence of related conferences, if appropriate.
- Organizing Committee and other personnel, including possible
- General Chair(s) in charge of local arrangements and overseeing all activities listed below;
- Program Committee Chair(s) in charge of the scientific aspects of the conference, including invited speakers and the solicitation, review and selection of research papers;
- Communication Chair and a Sponsorship Chair, if any;
- Candidates for chairing (1) the workshops and tutorials and (2) the doctoral colloquium;
- Team available to help with local arrangements (staff, graduate students, post-docs);
- Proposed Venue, with information on facilities, infrastructure, transportation, lodging with anticipated cost;
- Anticipated registration fees and outline of the budget:
- Fixed cost independent of attendance, e.g., conference hall, invited speakers, etc.
- Variable cost per participant, e.g., the sum of coffee break, meals, conference banquet, excursions, etc.
- Estimated costs for the participants, including registration (regular and students); local transportation cost to the conference venue; hotel cost (conference hotel and less expensive options nearby, if any).
- Potential local sponsors to offset the costs of the invited speakers and/or fund student travel.
- Please send a “Letter of Intent” to submit a proposal to proposal to Stephen Hirtle (COSIT SC Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 Mar 2015. Full proposals with budget will be due 15 Apr 2016. For more information about the COSIT series, past locations, and a list of the current Steering Committee members, please visit www.cosit.org.